The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

If men are like buses...

I read a book once called "If Men Are Like Buses, Why Can't I Catch One?" The title alone made me pick it up. I can't remember much about it, except one statement the author made that really resonated: "If it ain't stopping for you, then it ain't your bus."
Hmmm.
But what about those buses you aren't sure of? The bus that may be an Express but then again it may be a Local, making numerous stops along the way? What about the bus that sort of idles at my curb with the door half open?
I know. I know.
It ain't my bus.
But...
Not my bus.
Do you think...
Not my bus.
What about...
No.
Darn.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

LOLOLOLOL :)
Some of us missed the bus & caught a cab. Maybe you're looking for the wrong means of transportation.;)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Jules - You are 100% right! I should have spent all this time looking for, like, a small compact or something instead of wasting my time with the stupid bus... ;-)Live and learn. *sigh*

5:54 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Heeheehee! I love it. What an apt metaphor. I have questions, too, though. What about buses that don't see you at first, but stop when you flag them down? What about buses that stop, but it turns out they just ran out of gas? What about a bus you've boarded before realizing it's going the wrong way?

Isn't there any room for compromise??? LOL...

This sounds like an enlightening book.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Nope. Apparently it must make a full and complete stop with the doors wide open for it to be the correct bus.
Perhaps I should look into one of those pedi-cab things... ;-)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Or one of those rickshaws Kramer & Newman used on Seinfeld.;)LOL

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to run a couple blocks and flag down my bus but it turned out to be the right one, so who knows??

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you tap dance here in Nashville? Do they have lessons for adults? Or any other kinds of dance?

7:42 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Anne- Oh gosh, no one ever mentioned running before ... ;)

Anonymous - I tap at Bellevue Dance Center. They have adult classes in tap, ballet, and jazz. I used to go to Centennial Park Arts (they have a facility in the park) - they offer classes for adults as well.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home