It's focused more on the writing side of my life, but that's not excised from, you know, life itself. Thanks for reading!
"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10
It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.
With a tip of the hat to Becky, I am picking up her meme to get some of my writing juices flowing…
What was I doing 10 years ago?
Hmm. 1998. I had just started work as a communication coordinator for a software training company. I had finished working at Gospel Advocate, where, at that time, when we wanted to send an e-mail I had to write it out on a piece of paper and walk it over to our IT guy. He would then send it out from the one account we had in the building. That job obviously didn’t feature Internet capabilities.
I shared a three bedroom townhouse with Christy and Cheri and every weekend was full of out-of-town trips, in-town guests, movies, eating out, hearing live music in little coffee shops, singles group get togethers, and so on. Looking back, I’m relieved now that I don’t feel that pressure to have to schedule every minute of the weekend and weeknights with social activity.
List 5 things you had to do today.
Snacks I enjoy:
I am constant and loyal to my Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos with Lays Jalepeno Cheddar cheese dip. It’s very cheesy, but don’t knock it til you’ve tried it.
If I were a millionaire:
I would be completely debt-free and make sure my family was provided for. Then I would invest a chunk of it for the future, set up a fund for missionaries, and get out there and travel, travel, travel….
Places I’ve lived:
In chronological order-
San Diego, California
(back to San Diego)
(back to Nashville, where I currently reside)
I tag everyone who wants something to write about today. Just tag me so I can read yours.
Last week I missed the top step at work and fell down the stairs. I’m not sure why I missed it. The next thing I knew I was falling and saw the concrete rushing up at me. I remember thinking that I didn’t want to hit my face. Then I landed kind of weird about eight steps down on my knees and side and left wrist.
After getting picked up by concerned co-workers and assuring them I was okay I drove home. By the time I hit Bellevue I couldn’t use my left hand. I was really starting to hurt, and when I finally hobbled in the door I was in tears.
Younger Bro was great. He assessed the damage, packed up his backpack for a long wait in the ER, and took me to the hospital.
The wait in the admission area wasn’t bad, but then they took me back to the examining room and just kind of left me there for about an hour and a half. There was absolutely nothing in the little room to read. I hurt too much to investigate any of the cabinets, and there weren’t even any medical charts on the wall. Just me and four walls.
So I lay there and prayed and thought about how ridiculous it was that it took all of this for me to give God my complete, undivided attention. Not the prayers on my way to work or before I fall asleep or in the busyness of the day, but just time to talk to God and go before Him to offer specific people and situations to Him.
I turned out to be okay with a contused thumb and a lot of bumps and bruises, but it was a painful lesson in learning, once again, how much I need to continually make God the center of my life.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” – Phil. 4:6-7
1. Do you like blue cheese? No
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? Good grief, no.
3. Do you own a gun? Nope.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? I’m allergic to most of the flavors, sadly.
5. Do you get nervous before Dr. appts? Absolutely.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I’ve not devoted much thought to hot dogs.
7. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee
9. Can you do push ups? Perhaps a couple. If forced.
8. What do you order at Starbucks? Skinny vanilla latte
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? The Mackintosh jewelry the church gave me in Scotland as a going away present.
12. Favorite hobby? Reading
11. How do you eat your eggs? Scrambled dry
14. Do you have A.D.D.? No
15. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? There are things I dislike, but I don’t hate them.
16. Middle name? Michelle – after the Beatle’s song…
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. I want a bagel. I’m hungry. I want a bagel.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? Gas. Doritos. Gum.
19. Three drinks you regularly drink? Snapple Diet Green Tea, A & W Diet Root Beer, water
20. Current worry right now? Actually rather peaceful at the moment.
21. Current hate right now? That tunic/legging look.
22. Favorite place to be? On a boat in the water… ;-)
23. How did you bring in the New Years? Ah, that was not a fun night this year.
24. Where would you like to go? No way I could begin to name where I want to go, but I’m headed to Australia in August!
25. Name three people who will complete this. n/a
26. Do you own slippers? Huh? House shoes? I’ve got a pair of those.
27. What shirt are you wearing? Green with a sort of leafy motif.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No – they get really hot and don’t breathe.
29. Can you whistle? Barely.
30. Favorite colors? Green.
31. Would you be a pirate? Who wouldn’t want to be a pirate?
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I am a human iPod Shuffle in the shower; it could be anything.
33. Favorite girl's name? Anne.
34. Favorite boy's name? Joshua
35. What's in your pocket right now? Lint.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Probably something said in the production meeting this morning.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Holly Hobbie
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Broken finger from football. Hurt worse than breaking both my ankles.
39. Do you love where you live? I love my house.
40. How many TV’s do you have? One
41. Who is your loudest friend? I’m not answering this one…
42. How many dogs do you have? One - Hamish. He may look like a cat, but he’s really a puppy inside.
43. What are you thrilled about right now? There are bagels in the kitchen…
44. Do you have a crush on someone? Oh, yes.
45. What is your favorite book? Practically impossible to answer this one.
46. What is your favorite candy? Cadbury Caramel Milk Chocolate.
47. Favorite Sports Team? Nope.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? This World is Not My Home
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Completely conked out
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I hope Younger Bro doesn’t use all the hot water…