The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Target Tales

Scene: In an aisle at Target. Nashville, Tennessee. Approx. 1:41 p.m.

Lady: Excuse me, where are the nightgowns?
Me: Umm, I'm not sure. Maybe with the other pajamas?
Lady: You don't know?
Me: Sorry, no.
Lady (finally noticing my purse and shopping cart): Oh! I'm sorry, you don't work here, do you?
Me: No, I don't.
Lady: It's just that you are wearing a red top and khaki pants.
Me (looking down): Why, you're right, I am.
Lady: That's what their employees wear.
Me: Yes, they do.
Lady: That's why I asked you for help.
Me: Sorry about that.
Lady: It's okay. But you are very confusing.*
Me: ...

*I think she meant my outfit was confusing her, but it's possible that I'm just flat out confusing.


5 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Heehee! I don't think you're confusing. Well, not usually. :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That is hilarious! I've always thought you were a confusing person Lisa! ;)

5:11 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Is it just me, but is she trying to blame you for her lack of perception?

5:05 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Well, I hope you feel properly chastised.;)heh

11:01 AM  
Blogger RosieBoo said...

That's hilarious! I think I'll go to Target wearing a red shirt and khaki pants just to confuse people :)

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home