The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Friday, February 22, 2008

And a Super-Cool Robot, As Well

In 1980, my family was stationed in Japan. All I wanted from our visit was a china doll in a kimono. Younger Bro wanted a robot. We had no idea what we were in for. For example, the fact that our visit was actually a move. We finally returned to the States in 1984. I had plenty of time to get the doll. 

Japanese culture is fascinating and complex, and while I have fond memories of climbing Mt. Fuji, visiting the big Buddha, and running around Himeji Castle as a child, it's their games shows that really take me back.

Human Tetris - What's not to love?


3 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

That is SO hilarious! I wish I knew what they were saying! Paul and I like to watch Most Extreme Elimination Challenge sometimes on cable. Very entertaining, especially with the fake dubbed lines.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That's pretty cool! They show that every now and then on ELLEN. It's funny watching people move their bodies every which way to clear the wall!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That's awesome!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home