The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Mama

I had a dream last night that I was the mother of twins. They were only a day old, and one of them told me she would like a bottle and the other one asked for moisturizer because her skin was dry. And I was in a panic because here I was with two babies and no one had thrown me a baby shower, so I pulled out a piece of paper and began making a shopping list for Target. And at the top of my list I wrote "Boppy" because all I could think of was that feeding a baby makes my arms tired and I would need that special curvy pillow thing to help out. And then I wrote "Nivea Moisturizer" on the list and woke up.

And I know this is because last night I cut through the baby department in Target on my way to check out the books and started admiring the Carter's One Year Old Line. 

Maybe I need to alter my route and cut through the shoe department next time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Heehee...that actually sounds like some of the wack-o pregnancy dreams I had when I was incubating. At different times, I dreamed I gave birth to 1)a litter of kittens, 2)a gigantic baby too big for me to pick up, and 3) a tiny, perfectly lucid adult man.

However, when you do give birth, Nivea's not a bad thing to have on hand, so the dream wasn't totally useless. ;)

Be sure to let us know about your shoe dreams, too!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

ROTFL!I love it! I'm glad I'm not the only ones to have these manic dreams that are for ludicrous reasons.:) Let me know if the shoe thing works. heh

8:41 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Umm...wow. If you would like to take the Bug and maybe the Madds for a day, I'm sure we could freak those mommy dreams right out of you!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

katrina and jules - I will definitely let you know how the shoe thing works.

nicole - LOL! Maybe one at a time - I'm not quite up to your level yet!!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home