The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Goodness, it has been a while

With a tip of the hat to Becky, I am picking up her meme to get some of my writing juices flowing…

What was I doing 10 years ago?

Hmm. 1998. I had just started work as a communication coordinator for a software training company. I had finished working at Gospel Advocate, where, at that time, when we wanted to send an e-mail I had to write it out on a piece of paper and walk it over to our IT guy. He would then send it out from the one account we had in the building. That job obviously didn’t feature Internet capabilities.

I shared a three bedroom townhouse with Christy and Cheri and every weekend was full of out-of-town trips, in-town guests, movies, eating out, hearing live music in little coffee shops, singles group get togethers, and so on. Looking back, I’m relieved now that I don’t feel that pressure to have to schedule every minute of the weekend and weeknights with social activity.

List 5 things you had to do today.

  1. Drink my breakfast shake.
  2. Make sure the phone bill got paid.
  3. Make sure the cleaners got paid.
  4. Meet with co-workers about some web concepts.
  5. Start the day with a prayer.

Snacks I enjoy:

I am constant and loyal to my Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos with Lays Jalepeno Cheddar cheese dip. It’s very cheesy, but don’t knock it til you’ve tried it.

If I were a millionaire:

I would be completely debt-free and make sure my family was provided for. Then I would invest a chunk of it for the future, set up a fund for missionaries, and get out there and travel, travel, travel….

Places I’ve lived:

In chronological order-

Enid, Oklahoma

Norfolk, Virginia,

San Diego, California

Atsugi, Japan

(back to San Diego)

Searcy, Arkansas

Nashville, Tennessee

Peterhead, Scotland

(back to Nashville, where I currently reside)

 

I tag everyone who wants something to write about today. Just tag me so I can read yours.

 

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

You had me at "debt-free"--I fantasize about going on Let's Make a Deal (even though I hate that show!) and winning JUST enough to pay off our student loans...lol!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

WOW! I knew you lived in a lot of places but I didn't know you moved that much!

I did a tag similiar to this so if you get a chance, check it out!

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home