The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Seismic Disturbance

I’ve moved 28 times. I attended four different elementary schools, three different junior highs, and two different high schools. I can accept change. As the daughter of a Navy sailor, I had to.

I can feel changes coming – the ground shifting, the familiar sensitivity that I’m not satisfied with the status quo in my life. It’s a restlessness that bites at me and refuses to leave me in peace. The last time I felt it, I ended up in Scotland doing mission work. This time, though, I don’t think it has anything to do with a change of vocation or location. It’s something in me that’s turning over and over.

I just haven’t figured out what it is yet.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Uh oh...maybe you're moving to Oklahoma?????? We could have Buffy marathons!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Noooooo, I love a lot of people in Oklahoma, but Nashville has a firm grip on me! :) But I'm always up for a Buffy marathon! (I do wish we lived closer.)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Brad Blackman said...

Maybe you'll get your book published... That would be killer. (No pun intended.)

6:46 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Brad- Ooooh, it would! :)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

It's interesting to hear you describe this sensation. I wonder if certain people are more prone to those underground rumblings of restlessness. It happens to my sister; I've heard her describe it many times, but have never been able to connect it to anything I've experienced myself. Sometimes I think I'm more along the lines of a moss-covered rock than a rolling one; it takes a true earthquake to get me moving!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

katrina-
Us earthquakers definitely need the moss-covered rock people to even us out. :)

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home