The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Ninth Circle

I'm not sure what I ever did to deserve this week - probably didn't floss enough or refill the ice cube tray - but it has resembled Dante's Inferno in all its glory. Okay, that's a bit dramatic. But it hasn't been fun, I can tell you that.

However, there are better days ahead because the new Harry Potter will be in my hot little hands soon. I am instituting an Internet moratorium on any Harry-related articles for fear of anything leaking into my innocent brain. I have re-read the Half-Blood Prince to ensure I am completely up to date on the latest installation. I have reserved a book at Borders and have one ordered through Amazon, just to cover all my bases.

I like to be prepared.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brad Blackman said...

You've been slammed this week, Lisa. Don't burn yourself out. We don't need a smoky smell in the office... ;-)

Seriously, I hope your workload lightens up and that you get a chance to relax.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I'd covered my bases on the HP release as well as you did. I reserved it near work (thinking it would be a weekday release), so will be on the far side of town. On top of that, I've got Little Brother and some other friends coming over for all-day gaming on Saturday, so I won't even have a chance to start reading it right away. So no matter how bad the week was, you did better than me on at least one thing!

Hombre Queso

11:05 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

At least I won't be the only Harry Potter dork in the van tomorrow dying because the book I preordered will hopefully be waiting for me at my house. I heart Harry Potter!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Now that I know you've finished it, I can't wait to read your Potter-related blog entry on the subject! I, too, loved it, and closed the book with a big, satisfied sigh. :)

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home