The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Friday, August 03, 2007

What I’m Happy About Right Now

1. It’s Friday! I'm wearing jeans!
2. I get to see The Bourne Ultimatum tonight.
3. While standing in line at Walgreens, I picked up that new weight-loss program/drug, alli. On the back of the box it said you might to consider starting the program if your height matched their suggested weight (what they considered overweight). I was very pleased to see that I was considered too small to be on the program. (Hey, it's those little things that keep you going....)
4. I’m almost done reading The Deathly Hallows again. It’s been a bit more of a pleasure this time because I’m not racing through it at 1 a.m. I love noticing all the details that I missed before. And actually understanding how that whole wand thing works.
5. I’m attending a mystery writer’s conference August 17-19 – Killer Nashville. I’m excited because the TBI will be there and have a mock crime scene set up where they take you through the forensics. I have so many questions for these people about my own novel; I’m hoping they can clear up some of the DNA stuff for me. Now, if I can just find someone who knows about the police force in Scotland I will be set. The Nashville Public Library has pitifully few books about this subject.
6. Kellie’s father is cancer free! (This may not mean much to most of you, but it is something to rejoice about in my neck of the woods.)
7. Fall is right around the corner. I love Fall.
8. I’m very pleased with my new dining table from IKEA.
9. I think I’m close to making peace with my upcoming birthday on the 30th. I’ve been dreading it for a while now, but I’ve decided it’s going to happen anyway so I’d best learn to live with it.
10. I have an awesome family and serve an incredible God.
11. Did I mention it was Friday?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

You just made ME happy! I'm so thankful our summer hasn't been oppresive heat. It's been mild comparatively. And congrats on all the other stuff! Whoo hoo!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

We have been watching the Bourne movies again before hoping to go this weekend to see the new one (although a plumbing crisis might prevent that).

I just saw that new alli program. I'm going to take a look at it. I don't know enough about it yet.

The writer's conference sounds awesome - and so perfect for you and your novel!!

And any news of someone cancer-free is great news for everyone!!

God bless!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Yeah, second time around of DH and I understand the wand thing a whole lot better. I too enjoyed finding the details I've missed before.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

I'm embarking on my second read, too. (Intermittently, though, as I'm also hung up on this Jane Austen collection I bought at the discount book store!)

There's something so wonderfully comfortable and delicious about reading a book you've read before.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home