The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ode to an Air Conditioner*

I’ll admit that life has been off kilter,
Which explains why I didn’t change your filter.

But just because I didn’t play my part,
Did you have to raise “the cold shoulder” to an art?

I was upset and sad to find you in one frozen block.
Your innards were white, I discovered with shock.

No cool air, no cold air, no kind of air at all,
So I gave my trusty AC guy a call.

But for now the cats sit in their furry summer coats,
And I silently wish I had some kind of boat,
To take me away from my now stuffy home.
Hey – do you think it’s this hot in Rome?


*With many apologies to poets everywhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

We just sprayed ours off outside yesterday & rinsed off the filter too. That stuff can happen quickly. We know the drill, let me know if you need any tips.;) lol Good luck!

7:21 AM  
Blogger RosieBoo said...

Yikes, no air!? In this triple-digit weather, that's the worst. Always a good time to present the gospel when the heat is rising... :)

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home