The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Monday, August 28, 2006

After the Flood

On Tuesday morning I was alerted to the fact that the downstairs sink was clogged up. That a faucet was left on. That the bathroom, hallway, and a couple feet of the living room were, um, soaked.

I had heard stomping around in the middle of the night, but it was my younger brother's night off (he works the graveyard shift), so I assumed all was well below (meaning, he would take care of whatever that noise was) and simply went back to sleep.

I'm kind of glad I did. That stomping was him trying to soak up excess water with every available towel. He even used some t-shirts. He soaked up like, 12 containers of water with my little Bissell carpet cleaner. He looked pretty beat when I saw him that morning.

After some tiring days of jet-engine like fans and the acrid smell of carpet drying, we are pretty much back to normal. I peeked under the bathroom carpet to check the padding and it looks okay. I did discover that the floor underneath is some kind of weird glossy brick laminate, which I did not know existed.

I'm really hoping 34 gets better....

5 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Ick! I'm so glad you were able to rectify the situation without too much damage to your peace of mind. I didn't know there was such a thing as brick laminate, either.

Maybe 34 is trying to lower the hype here at the outset so that you'll truly be dazzled when it bursts into brilliant blessing later on?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm ready for the brilliant blessings to dazzle me! Bring it on! :)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Awww bless your heart!:( That sucks! Good for your brother for pitching in. Unless it was out of guilt & he was the one who left the faucet on.;)lol

6:11 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Accidents happen.

He's the best. :)

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home