The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Update - *This* is what happens when you don't sleep well...

You write the water company a check for the entire balance of your checking account instead of the few bucks you actually owe them.

This causes your bank account to go into overdraft fees.

*sniff*
Small puddle of tears.

*This news just in...*
A huge tip of the hat to the ladies in the Harpeth Valley Utilities District business office for-

1. Having a live person answer the phone,
2. Having that person promptly call me back when they tracked the problem down in their system,
3. Having their office CUT ME A CHECK for the overpaid amount and,
4. Having the check ready for me to pick up at their office TODAY!

Sometimes, the kindness of strangers manages to touch our lives. They made my day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I did this once to the phone company. I tried so hard to get them to credit me some back. They couldn't. It was a sad time. I still can't look back & find that funny. Stupid, stupid, stupid! ;)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Oh, NO!!! That's terrible! I think this calls for a big puddle of tears.

And a brownie.

And maybe a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

10:56 AM  
Blogger lawyerchik said...

OOOOOOhhhhh Noooooooo! That's NOT good!! :( I second the motion for a brownie and the pint of Ben & Jerry's.

Of course, when you awake from the food-coma, your checking account will still be overdrawn, but at least you will have the memory of the ice cream and chocolate......

Do you have money for groceries & other necessities until you get paid again?

2:16 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

NICE!!!!!! An big WHEW! :) So happy it turned out well for you.

7:09 AM  
Blogger lawyerchik said...

Good. 'Cuz I actually checked today to see if you needed a care package!! :)

3:26 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hurray for Harpeth Valley Utilities! We should send them a bundt. (I must have dessert on the brain lately...)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

lawyerchik- Thanks; that is so sweet!

katrina - I do need to send them at least a thank you. Mmm. Bundt sounds good.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home