The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Friday, December 22, 2006

While Visions of Home Improvement Gift Cards Dance in Her Head

The blog has suffered a bit in November and December - NaNoWriMo and a rather harrowing holiday season got to me. However, I do want to thank everyone who has offered a comment or stopped by, or just lurked silently in the shadows. I will try to be more regular with the writing in the New Year.

I'm especially grateful to those of you who have offered advice on what to say to people who are hurting. Much of your insight came out of your own pain, and I'm thankful to be able to partake of your wisdom.

I head off to the wilds of Oklahoma tomorrow (via a plane - no 16-hour drives for me, thank you) to spend some lovely days with the best family God could have possibly given me. We will watch movies, play cards and dominoes, rearrange the logs in the fireplace, make rotel dip late at night, and laugh and talk and hang out in our pajamas.

May you all be so blessed. Take care and have a Merry Christmas!

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

This is the first Christmas in a very long time that my Little Man and I will be spending Christmas in our own home together. I was so excited about that, about attending our own church and doing our own traditions until I read this post and I remember all the things I'm going to miss about being at my sister's house. I hope you have a fantastic time!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Aww, I didn't mean to make you wistful! I'm sure you and LM are going to have a great time! Take care.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Brad Blackman said...

Have fun in Oklahoma!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Have a blessed and safe one, and enjoy your refueling time. :D

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home