The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Charlie's Update


Hello!
It's Charlie here, filling in for Shell. I'm the Inner Moose on loan from Katrina over at http://notesonanapkin.blogspot.com. Shell is too tired to update her blog, but she did want me to post her latest word count on her novel: 15,699.

So far, her main male character has run over her main female character with his bicycle. It was an accident. That's about it for the action. But young Kevin and Ian have found a mysterious hole in the churchyard. They haven't been able to investigate it yet, because they got called in for supper, so we'll have to wait to see what's down there.

Shell has also decided to cut me off from my cafe latte's. She says she wants me slim for the Thanksgiving feast that's happening in a few weeks. Plus, I was too wired when she wanted to go to sleep. So now I'm on decaf when we sit down at Borders cafe and she tries to write.

We saw a girl there yesterday who was reading "The Idiot's Guide to Pleasing Your Man." Shell thought this was hysterically funny, for some reason. I don't really get it, but you know humans.

Hope you all have good weekend.
Signed,
A Moose with a Purpose
(Charlie)


P.S. I would have liked to have put my hoof print signature in here, but as Shell can't even figure out how to do a simple embedded link, she believes it may be beyond us.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd post a picture of a moose I found, but it won't let me.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I got it - thanks so much! He even looks like he's smiling. If you could photoshop a coffee mug next to him.... :)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

I LOVE MOOSE! I collect them! I have yet to see one in person but I WILL! Everyone seems to see them but me, the moose lover with the mostest.;)

2:39 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks for the titillating teasers about Shell's novel! So does she know what's in the hole yet? I'd love to find out more (and if you can sneak me a few stolen pages of her manuscript, there might be a Starbucks gift card somewhere in it for you...)

p.s. Tell Shell that she can make an embedded link by clicking on the chain link icon in the posting window. (To see this button, make sure that you have Compose Mode set on Yes for your Post Editor. That can be done under the Basic Settings tab; scroll down to Global Settings and you'll see it.)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Jules- Thank you; of course, I love Moose too, as I am one. We are very underappreciated, you know, so it's always nice to meet a fan!

Katrina- Many thanks for the links information. Shell discovered that, because she uses Safari instead of IE, the full compose mode does not come up. Blogger is aware of this. But a helpful co-worker showed her some html code, so she might be able to do it.

As far as the novel, she is extremely insecure about sharing pages, but I may be able to get some to you .... And she does know what's in the hole. Kevin and Ian (and the rest of the townspeople) will find out this week as well. Fun!

2:34 PM  
Blogger lawyerchik said...

How cool!! :) There is something about moose (?mooses?? Meese?) that makes me smile! I'm glad you found your Moose, and I hope he behaves during the rest of NaNoWriMo!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home