The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

In search of my inner moose

Word count: 9,565
Buffy DVD count: 4 episodes (to take mental break, of course) + 1 Amazing Race episode (Naturally. And let's face it, as much as I liked them, it was really time for Team Kentucky to go.)

I was talking to someone in what I thought was a rather writerly fashion. We were discussing where ideas come from when I said, "I just need to find my inner moose."

This might explain an awful lot about my writing.

However, I kind of like the idea of a nice, big hard-working moose guiding me through the realms of fiction rather than the wispy, just-out-of reach muse.

And perhaps now I need to go to bed.

For some reason, the last comments I was sent would not update. But please keep sending them whether they appear or not. I can really use the encouragement! Thanks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Is he a Northwestern moose? Because I sent one down there to you about a week and half ago, and I haven't heard back from him. I keep getting charges on the Visa I lent him for the trip, though.

His name's Charlie. Tell him I'm cutting him off if he doesn't return his messages. :P

p.s. Don't work too hard! (I'm glad you have Buffy to clear the palate.)

11:38 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Charlie has been a blessing. He wants you to know that the Visa bill won't be too big. He's mostly spending it on cafe latte's at Starbucks. There was also some fish and chips at an Irish restaurant Friday night, but it was needed.

He's been helping me a lot but he's not allowed to type anymore. His hooves are wreaking havoc with my keyboard. :)

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home