The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Down the Rabbit Hole

Day 1 stats:

1600 words (excellent, so far)
2 cups of coffee (well below life-threatening limit, good)
Number of minutes spent staring into space contemplating where this thing is going - several hundred (give or take a few)
Number of times I've doubted whether this was such a great idea - 24 (for just about every hour of the day - even in my dreams the Inner Critic haunts me)
Time spent finding this quote by Oscar Wilde (15 minutes):

"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again."

That Oscar. He knows.

2 Comments:

Blogger lawyerchik said...

Good for you! Glad you're at least writing!! Hang in there - and keep everything you write, regardless of what your "Inner Critic" thinks. You may never do a single thing with any of it, but the very fact that you decided to do it and did it will encourage you on other things you want to do but wonder if you can.

:)

3:21 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh, this NaNoWriMo thing is a beast, isn't it? I was all proud of my word count on Friday (15,947 or something like that) and yet not writing over the weekend leaves me about 5K words in the hole today with NO motivation!!

I think I need an inner moose. Or maybe I just need MooseMunch!!! Oh, now that has me hungry...

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home