The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

She's Going the Distance

Ladies and gentlemen – I have no idea if I’m going to make NaNo this year. I lost five days while at Mom and Dad’s in Oklahoma. I’ve got 9,500 words to go and a packed schedule ahead of me already.

No grocery shopping has been done, the laundry situation is starting to scare me, and this morning I noticed the bathtub isn’t draining properly, again. I hate it when that happens, when there is a small tubful of soapy water that just sits there around my ankles. I’d like to think that my feet are just getting some extra cleaning time (because let’s face it, they really don’t get a lot of quality time in the shower; they are just kind of down there), but I know better.

Regardless, though, of whether I will successfully sport the NaNo Winner icon come Friday, I can tell you this – I’m having fun.

I really am. I’ve got a police sergeant who keeps forgetting his arm is broken, a heroine who’s addicted to scones, and two 10-year-old boys who somehow manage to weave their way into scenes I didn’t think they should be in. And we don’t even know who the body belongs to, yet.

Which means that although NaNo ends this Thursday, I’m determined to keep at it. Plus, I really want to find out who done it. ☺

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad it doesn't go till Saturday, or you'd be able to pull an all-nighter and sleep all day on Saturday.

Even if you don't finish until next week, I'd say it was worth it. You've actually been very productive this month, juggling this novel and an increased workload at work, as well as a five-day trip home.

Here's hoping the tub starts behaving again. I know how aggravating that is.

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOHhh you can so do it!! Even if it's 9500 words of crap (well, that would be MY novel) you can do it!! And I'm so glad you're having fun with it! Isn't it funny how the story tells itself?

Mine, being a children's sort of book, is on it's last chapter. I have 4K words to go and hope to finish those today. Although I don't know how I'm going to wrap it up. Hopefully when I start writing, it will wrap itself up!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

OMGoodness! I'm SOOOOO excited for you!! I guess the real question is if you'll be more disappointed in the future at having NOT met the deadline/wordcount, OR more disappointed at not getting that laundry done we all never would have known about.;) Put that roomate/brother of yours to work!:)lol I don't have siblings but I bet that's what they are there for. To pick up your slack in important times. Plus, I'm really dying to know who's body & who done it!!:)

PS I just finished my scarves for an online exchange in RECORD time after restarting them 6 times!!! So if I can do this...I have a feeling you can meet the deadline.;) I have faith in ya girlfriend!!!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Just an update - I made it to 46,000 last night, so there IS hope yet.... :) Thanks so much for the encouragement!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

I am so amazed by you! (FYI) :D

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home