The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Friday, January 12, 2007

And the Stars Above

Lately my mental state has resembled a junkyard of randomness – the flotsam and jetsam of fragmented thoughts and ideas. The main thing on my mind at the moment, the idea that consumes most of my waking hours, is that little piece of advice Mom gave me from the last post. You know, the one that asked, “Is this something worth fighting for?”

I’ve been mulling that over a lot. I’m not trying to be coy about the situation or ultra-mysterious, but it’s something I’d rather keep private for now. What I decide to do with it could make a major impact on my life or destroy some things I hold very dear.

I’ve taken to looking pensively out of windows, and I’m not the kind of person pensive looks good on.

Anyway, that’s what has been going on. Also, I’m heading off to Gatlinburg this weekend for a singles retreat. Except this year it’s mostly just a girl’s retreat, but we intend to have fun. Maybe it’s just what I need to clear out all this mental wreckage and start off with a fresh slate. Perhaps startling insights will fall on me like thunderbolts from heaven. Then again, that sounds a mite dangerous. Maybe they’ll just gently land on my head and provide clear direction.

In other news, this apparently is National De-Lurking Week. And if you’re still reading along after all that nonsense above, I urge you to De-Lurk! Let yourself be known! I’d love to know that I’m not just writing into the ether. (Note to self: Do most writers have narcissistic tendencies? Explore theme at later date.) My comments are set to moderate so there will be a delay in them showing up, but don’t let that deter you.

And have a wonderful weekend.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I think by just opening your heart, the right choice will be made clear. I hope that you find peace with the situation soon, and that it brings you joy. I'll keep you in my prayers, Shell!

Have a great retreat!! (I want to come, too!!)

7:29 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Have a great weekend. We are bracing for another wintery storm here. And I hope you find the direction of your issue your overcoming. My philosophy is do what you can sleep with at night.;)lol Hope that applies in context here. heh

7:45 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You all are sweet; even knowing nothing about the situation you still offer encouragement. Jules, bundle up and keep warm - it sounds like the perfect time for a good book! And Amy, thank you for your prayers.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking. Proof your words are not disappearing into cyberspace!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Per your request I am de-lurking. Don't remember exactly how I found you... may have been a comment you left on Tales of my tiny kingdom though.

I was born in Nashville many years ago, but we moved to TX when I was but a few weeks old. My wife, 2 sons and I now live in East TN, about 5 hours away from Music City.

Oddly enough, just today my wife and I returned from a one night leadership retreat in Newport, TN (just outside Gatlinburg). I read your blog because you are a genuine believer walking out the struggles of life in faith and I find that refreshing. (I've been elected to one of the top volunteer leadership positions in our fair sized church. As such I sometimes see the seamier side of church and ministry.)

Hope your time in Gatlinburg is a time of great refreshment and encouragement. May the Lord richly bless you.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Anne and Keith - Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it. :)

5:11 PM  
Blogger lawyerchik said...

What a great question: "Is this something worth fighting for"!! Just knowing how important something is to you can make such a big difference in the amount of energy you devote to it. Good luck with whatever it is!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home