The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I Know This Much Is True

I sank up to my chin in the hot tub and let the bubbles foam around me. From my view on the cabin deck all I could see were the tiny lights on the mountains that jutted up in the distance. Wispy tendrils of steam danced on top of the water and, for the first time in days, I was finally alone.

I had a long, long talk with God. I argued, I made suggestions, I outlined possibilities. Everything remained silent.

I stared at the tall mountains across from me. They sat there and offered no inspiration. In exhaustion, I rested my head against the edge of the tub and confronted the real question about the matter – Do I trust God with the outcome?

I do.

Well, then.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

oooh, I so love this post. It is a very very hard thing to "let go, let God" isn't it? But that's what He asks us to do: trust. And when we do, He is pleased. (The word verification is "howeevr" yikes)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Okay I'm totally caught up now in wondering what the "issue" at hand is!! :)lol

1:14 PM  
Blogger lawyerchik said...

I hate when that's the only question on the table - and honestly, it's the only question to which the answer matters.....

3:27 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

I love this.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks, you guys. Some times I wonder if blogging isn't just a synonym for free therapy! :)

Thanks, as always, for stopping by.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home