The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Decaffeinated

This morning, our coffee pot is missing. We aren't sure what happened to it, but I didn't realize how much I relied on that little cup in the morning to get me going. It's a simple pleasure I look forward to, and at the moment it is gone.

I am now hyper-sensitive to my rumbly tummy. And could that be the faintest whisper of a caffeine headache? I believe it is. My eyelids are beginning to close. My copywriting is suffering. The sharpness, the wit, the creative inspiration - it is nowhere to be found. What shall I do? This is an awful way to begin my Tuesday. I thought my trials last week would break me, but this, this my friends, may very well prove to be my undoing...

Hey! I just remembered I have some tea bags in my desk. Hurrah!
Whew. Disaster averted.
Excuse me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home