The Far Side of the Ocean

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the ocean, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." - Psalm 139:9-10

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

It started as a Nanowrimo challenge and evolved from there. My current work in process is a cozy mystery.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday's Fluff

Just some lessons learned, observations, and what I think I would refer to as "Brain Lint."

1. Every person’s writing could use a good editor.

2. If chaperoning a youth group trip, always bring extra towels, socks, shirts, and an extra pair of shoes and flip-flops. However, these are not for you, and you will likely never see them again.

3. How carsick a kid gets is in direct proportion to how isolated an area you are in.

4. If you put your car in drive, and nothing happens, and then in reverse, and nothing happens, and then in any other gear, and nothing happens – you may just have a car problem there, my friend.

5. The more fancy the cell phone – the more likely it is that you will drop it immediately after receiving it.

6. It is possible to vacuum an entire living room carpet with a handheld DustBuster. Not ergonomically friendly, mind you, but possible.

7. No one looks very good on cell phone cameras.

8. It is a universal fact that the phone will ring right in the middle of your favorite TV program. It will never ring in the middle of unloading the dishwasher.

9. Never put your sports bra in the dryer on the “high heat” setting.

10. It's amazing that a person who is only 21 inches long and weighs roughly 8 pounds, and who cannot speak a word, is capable of getting exactly what it wants, when it wants it, regardless of the time of day or the schedules of anyone else concerned, yet will not incur the ill will of anyone against him or her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

oooh these are oh so very true! I love the dustbuster one...too funny!

7:24 AM  
Blogger lawyerchik said...

:) Good points all!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

This made me laugh out loud! Great list, and I will commit the wealth of your experience immediately to memory for later use! :)

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home